Monday, May 4, 2009

My Dad

My posts have been a long time in between. It has been busy here. My Dad was in the final stages of Alzheimers and at age 81, passed away last Friday.

Dad is saved so I know today he is in Heaven and that makes things easier. As we sat with him last week, we were remembering special times and fun things we had done.

Dad was in a great healthcare facility when he passed and for the last 2 years they took excellent care of him. They not only cared for medical needs, but cared about him as a person.

Today I am trying to get things together for the viewing tonight and the funeral tomorrow. My Dad and younger sister had already pre-planned the funeral and Chris confirmed the final arrangements Saturday.

As I get things done, I think of Dad more and more and remember little things that I had not thought of in quite some time.

I am also reminded of the many things I need to do and how I should be more prepared for life events than I am.

1 comment:

Sharri said...

Debbie,
I am so sorry about Dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Hugs,
Sharri