Friday, May 8, 2009

Thank You Card



Today I created Thank You cards for the various expressions of sympathy I received on the passing of my Dad. The card was created using Stampin' Up! paper (Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa and Apricot Appeal), stamps (Embrace Life and Much Appreciated), Watercolor Pencils and ink, Spellbinders Nesties and organza ribbon from my "stash"

I stamped the flower from Embrace Life using StazOn and colored with the pencils. I stamped the thanks from Much Appreciated and trimmed the ends with decorative scissors.

The scalloped circle was cut from Close to Cocoa on my Big Shot and the flower was cut with a circle die using the Big Shot. Both circles are the Spellbinders Nesties.

I love the Embrace Life stamp set and have used it many times in various projects. It is such a simple yet elegant flower set and works well for thank you cards, birthday cards, maybe even a Mother's day card. It can also be used on scrapbook pages and in journals. I am sure I will pull this set out again in the very near future. I also like to use Versamark ink with this set to create elegant backgrounds which I will most likely use in a workshop later this month when I create a calendar.

I hope you enjoy this card.

I now need to create my Mom's Mother's day card, I already have her gift (Bare Escentuals products which she loves). Sunday my daughter, Mom and sisters will be going to Olive Garden for lunch to celebrate Mother's Day.

No comments: